On this week’s episode, we’re looking at our year in review and taking a sneak peek at the year ahead. You will just hear my voice on this episode. Every year, I spend time reviewing my goals from the prior year. I believe it’s critical to reflect before you look forward.
A lot of wonderful things happened in 2017, yet it was a really hard year. You will hear what my goals, wins, and challenges were. I also share the themes and aspects of my life and business that I am considering when looking at my goals for 2018.
- [05:30] - “Moving” was not on my list of goals for 2017. This one thing was the most challenging thing of the year.
- [07:20] - I start the year by identifying overarching themes. In 2017, I identified joy, music, gratitude, and balance as my themes for the year.
- [08:02] - In January, I made the decision to decrease the number of hours I was putting into my work. I explain how our move changed this strategy.
- [10:45] - Around April or May, I realized I was falling into a scarcity mindset. Upon recognizing that, I made a conscience effort to have an abundance mindset.
- [13:33] - I had a category of things I wanted to learn. This included becoming a better writer, learning LinkedIn, and learning organizational strategies around things and stuff.
- [17:28] - One of my goals was to launch a new website. This was a big goal that took longer than I wanted it to, but it was a successful launch!
- [19:13] - Another of my goals was to hire a Virtual Assistant. That was a success with Jessica.
- [20:05] - I had a goal of maintaining six clients for my clinical practice. During this calendar year, I closed my practice. I see this as a shift based on life circumstances.
- [21:10] - My #1 podcast goal was to interview Brene Brown. This did not happen, and I share my feelings on that.
- [22:12] - I wanted to hit ONE MILLION downloads in this calendar year. That goal was met!
- [22:57] - I share some other goals I had for the podcast.
- [26:10] - When looking at specific goals, I did not hit most of them. This serves as a reminder that goal-setting is to provide direction.
- [27:03] - I share my goals on speaking. I did not do anything in this category, and I blame our move.
- [27:30] - I did hit my financial goals for this year.
- [28:05] - I share my goals for coaching groups, which I did hit.
- [31:40] - I talk about my Patreon goals for 2017.
- [32:30] - Our Facebook community has been a real challenge for me. I share why this is a challenge and describe my solution to this problem.
- [35:18] - I share a lesson I learned from moving.
- [37:05] - The best decision I made in 2017 was to say, “no.”
- [38:31] - I talk about the importance of friendship.
- [39:37] - The theme of “play” is something I need to bring back into my life.
- [40:57] - Tomorrow, I will be taking a day to focus on annual planning. I share some of the themes I may be focusing on in 2018.
Use my Audible.com affiliate link for your favorite titles:
ADHD reWired Coaching and Accountability Group
The 11th season of our ADHD reWired Coaching and Accountability Group starts on January 8th, and it is already full! Our 12th season starts April 16th and registration starts January 16th. To learn more, go to http://CoachingReWired.com.
￼Support the podcast on Patreon
Patreon allows listeners like you to support content creators like me. With a monthly contribution, you can get access to different levels of perks. Learn more at http://patreon.com/adhdrewired
ADHD reWired Facebook Group:
If you would like to join the ADHD reWired secret Facebook group, go to EricTivers.com/community and fill out an application.
Get your ADHD questions answered live! These Q&A sessions take place on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 12:30pm. Go to http://erictivers.com/events.
Want to be a guest?
Hey! What about you? Do you have a story? Are you a Coach? Are you an ADHD Clinician? If you answered yes to any of these questions and you’d like to be a guest, schedule a pre-interview call here.